Barnes Family

Barnes Family
Christmas 2010

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Raining it Pouring

It Raining! I love the rain and the cooler weather.

So my husband decided that he was tired of the carpet in the house last weekend and this is the result of that:







So we now have no carpet on the stairs and in the frontroom. The carpet is only as old as the house (which according to my husband is not that old, as the house was built the same year that he was born), but it needed to go. So I think I know where our tax return money is going.





4 comments:

  1. I HATE our carpeting (which is also as old as our house, AKA 22 yrs old). Sometimes I think I'd rather live with the bare flooring than deal with the carpet. We are on a concrete slab, and I could just throw some area rugs around...But then I realize that I have no idea when we'd be able to replace it, and I don't know that I want to live with concrete slab indefinitely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl, Welcome to my world! I feel your pain! We ripped the carpet out of our front room the day we moved in, and 5 years later, we finally had the wood floors I've always dreamed of! In the mean time, we had to deal with this old-old (did I say old?) school laminate in the kitchen, and the original wood in the front room, that had bad spots. My stairs are still bare wood, that I began to paint... which means every other step has paint. lol Isn't re-modeling fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Happy day for you. New carpet. That is so exciting. I can't wait to have a house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tahmi-good idea on the every-other step, I was thinking about doing one step at a time, thanks for the idea.

    Jennifer-I don't know how long I will have concret flooring. The sad thing is I think it looks better then the gross carpet that was there before.

    Laura-The house is nice just the upkeep is BAD!

    ReplyDelete