Barnes Family

Barnes Family
Christmas 2010

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Elder Robert D. Hales

We had the wonderful opportunity to have Elder Robert D. Hales come to our stake and speak to us. I was honored to be asked to sing in the choir. I have been singing alto because we have so few in our ward choir so I was a little bummed that he would be sitting on the other side of the stand than I was. Imagine my joy when he sat two rows in front of me! I could have leaned forward and touch him! He gave a great talk and I was motivated to go to the temple more often.
Even though we got there early Lyle and the kids had to sit in the overflow because everyone got there early. I thought that the kids would be able to see anything. Lyle said that when Elder Hales came in and everyone started quieting down and standing up even William felt a difference in the room. Austin was able to bet the rush and shook Elder Hales hand. He was even more exited because he asked him how you feel the spirit and he answered him! This was a MAJOR boost to Austin's spiritual health.
After it was over I just wanted to avoid the crowd but was stopped by everyone. Elder Hales turned to me and shook my hand. Elder Hales is all the kids talked about during dinner. What a great Sunday!

1 comment: