Barnes Family

Barnes Family
Christmas 2010

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What is your Favorite Poem & Why

I don't really have a "favorite" poem but there are some that bring back memories. Some that I made myself, some that are put to music, and others that I just remember for the stories.

When I was in 8th grade we had to memorize a poem that was at least a certain number of lines long. I looked through a book and found and memorized the following poem:
Lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
Jane.
She
wants
a
drink
of
water
so
she
waits
and
waits
and
waits
and
waits
and
waits
for
it
to
rain.
It met the requirements and I don't remember my grade, but I am sure it was not good.
I also LOVE the Hymn "I Believe in Christ", and there are many that I have made-up myself that were either for YW lessons or something I was going through at the time.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look of the blog!! Great family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the poem you memorized. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete